Do not exceed recommended dosage.
Do not give this product to a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you are uncertain whether your childâ€™s prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
Ask a doctor before use if your child has
- heart diseases
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- a breathing problem or a persistent or chronic cough
- excessive phlegm (mucus)
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- chronic bronchitis
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if your child is taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product your child may
- become easily excited
- get drowsy
- sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occur
- symptoms do not improve within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.