Severe Allergy Warning: Get emergency help immediately if you have hives along with any of the following symptoms:
- trouble swallowing
- dizziness or loss of consciousness
- swelling of tongue
- swelling in or around mouth
- trouble speaking
- wheezing or problems breathing
These symptoms may be signs of anaphylactic shock. This condition can be life threatening if not treated by a health professional immediately. Symptoms of anaphylactic shock may occur when hives first appear or up to a few hours later.
Not a Substitute for Epinephrine. If your doctor has prescribed an epinephrine injector for "anaphylaxis" or severe allergy symptoms that could occur with your hives, never use this product as a substitute for the epinephrine injector. If you have been prescribed an epinephrine injector, you should carry it with you at all times.
Do not use
â— to prevent hives from any known cause such as:
- insect stings
- latex or rubber gloves because this product will not stop hives from occurring. Avoiding the cause of your hives is the only way to prevent them. Hives can sometimes be serious. If you do not know the cause of your hives, see your doctor for a medical exam. Your doctor may be able to help you find a cause.
â— If you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- kidney disease. Your doctor should determine if you need a different dose.
- hives that are an unusual color, look bruised or blistered
- hives that do not itch
When using this product
- do not take more than directed
- do not take at the same time as aluminum or magnesium antacids
- do not take with fruit juices (see Directions)
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- an allergic reaction to this product occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- symptoms do not improve after 3 days of treatment
- the hives have lasted more than 6 weeks
If pregnant or breast-feeding
ask a health professional before use.