Reyeâ€™s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reyeâ€™s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: magnesium salicylate may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 12 tablets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount,
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while taking this product
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an (NSAID), which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older,
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems,
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- take any other drugs containing precription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin,ibuprofen,naproxen or others)
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- take more or for longer time than directed
Do not use
- with any other drugs containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- for more than 10 days for pain unless directed by a doctor
- for more than 3 days for fever unless directed by a doctor
Ask a doctor before use if
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- you are taking a diuretic
Stop using and ask a doctor if
- symptoms do not improve
- new symptoms occur
- pain or fever persists or gets worse
- you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint
- vomit blood
- have bloody or black stools
- have stomach pain that does not get better
- if ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs, consulta doctor before taking any more of this product.
If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to
use this product during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless specifically directed to do so by a doctor
because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.